One of the perils of letting your poultry free range is that sometimes the birds get into places where they shouldn’t be. This young fellow had been trying to get in to (or out of) the goat pen when a single feather got caught up in the piece of string that used to hold the top edge of a fine mesh intended to keep the birds out. The mesh had been taken down because the birds had been tearing big holes in it when they perched on the fence rail and I had left the string so I could replace the lighter mesh with something heavier. The good news in all this is the bird was hung up in such a way that his foot reached the ground. Add to that the fact these Ridley Bronze turkeys are very mellow (so he didn’t panic or thrash around) and I was able to lift him up and set him free. He suffered no damage, except perhaps to his pride, and is now back at work cleaning out the summer vegetable beds.
Help support the blog: Become a Patron for as little as a dollar a month!Click the link to learn more about how to become a patron and support this blog - Thank you! Become a Patron!https://cdn6.patreon.com/becomePatronButton.bundle.js
Top Posts & Pages
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Window
- Selfie Meets Hurricane Ethel - Artist vs Farmer
- Day 30 - Weekly Photo Challenge - Let There Be Light
- Two Suns in the Hog Pen
- Photo Friday -2
- About the Farm
- First Batch of Big Leaf Maple Syrup!
- V is for Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands (AtoZChallenge2018)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Edge
Where’s the Old Blog?
Follow on Bloglovin
- Take me to your clogged DRAIN because today is Day 21 of the 2018 #inktober challenge! I thought I’d try to draw a ‘simple’ shape like a plunger. Turns out there are a lot of weird complex overlapping curves in a plunger! #create365 #create #drawing #penandink #mightcoulddrawtoday #mightcouldinktobertoday #draweveryday #sketchCalling it in a bit today for #inktober (prompt: BREAKABLE) because I am trying to get organized for the first episode of my live video series, “Pillow Talk with Nikki”. Which sounds rather more scintillating than it is likely to be given that the intent is to read a short excerpt from a book each night at bedtime. In a perfect world half my audience will be asleep by the time I’m done... That’s going to get underway at some point within the next half hour and I’m not exactly ready! I’m hoping to simulcast (!) here and on my Facebook page, but the gods of technology will determine how successfully I manage to pull that off! So, meanwhile, here’s today’s quick inkreation... #create365 #create #artjournal #penandink #mightcoulddrawtoday #mightcouldinktobertoday #breakableHard to photograph Icarus about to get scorched because my #artjournal is very bulgy! #inktober Prompt: scorched #mightcoulddrawtoday #mightcouldinktobertoday #collage #getmessyartjournal #collage #icarus #create365 #mythology #draweveryday#inktober prompt today is BOTTLE, handy because the #creativebug Inktober lesson today was about bottles... Combine ink with one of my stash of prepped background pages and a bit of carefully saved shiny gold paper (yes, I have a chocolate habit) and some lovely origami paper all fastened together with my good old Mod Podge... #getmessyartjournal #artjournal #mightcoulddrawtoday #mightcouldinktobertoday #collage #penandink #bottle #create #create365 #alteredbook #draweveryday #gold #shinypaper #modpodge #modpodgerocks #creativebug #creativebuginktoberSWOLLEN is today’s #inktober prompt... tried to do minimal drawing and maximum inking... there is an eye in there somewhere. #blackeye #mightcoulddrawtoday #mightcouldinktobertoday #draweveryday #create #create365 #artjournal #penandinkIs it possible to have angular poppies? Well, if it’s Day 16 of #inktober and the theme is ANGULAR but you have your heart set on #creativebug poppies, then maybe yes. #getmessyartjournal #artjournal #mightcoulddrawtoday #mightcouldinktobertoday #draweveryday #poppies #collage #mixedmedia #mixedmediacollage #squareflowers #red #green #create #create365
Down to Earth: How Kids Help Feed the World
Down to Earth
Tags#art365 #atozchallenge #bloggingatoz #photo101 30 Day Farm Blog challenge agriculture alberta animals Art atozbloggingchallenge a to z challenge atozchallenge2018 Autumn banff Blog blogging books bow valley Camino camino de santiago canmore chickens climbing Climbing Dark Creek Farm dogs drawing ducks e. colin williams family farm farming farm life hiking hogs homestead humor ice ice climbing iphoneography Large black hogs mountain mountains NaBloPoMo nature painting paris phoneography photography piglets Pigs research rock climbing rocky mountains romeo and juliet Sailing sailing shakespeare Sheep small farm snow spain Spring theatre travel trees turkeys unexpected beauty Vancouver island winter workaway writing writing life writing process Yoga
A to Z Challenge
My Favourite Farm Books
- Follow darkcreekfarmdotcom on WordPress.com