… Is hurting my eyes! Not really- everything is too soft and muted for that. But holy moley, every day brings some new ‘must stop a moment’ vista I can’t resist. My phone is feeling heavy with the weight of all that fog I’m stashing away inside. This photo was taken down at my neighbour’s pond where I lease a bit of land for sheep. They also have ewes, so we keep our sheep together and share the responsibilities of caring for them. I have the morning rounds which means I get to enjoy this sort of view every day while I’m digesting my oatmeal.
Help support the blog: Become a Patron for as little as a dollar a month!Click the link to learn more about how to become a patron and support this blog - Thank you! Become a Patron!https://cdn6.patreon.com/becomePatronButton.bundle.js
Top Posts & Pages
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Window
- Selfie Meets Hurricane Ethel - Artist vs Farmer
- Day 30 - Weekly Photo Challenge - Let There Be Light
- Two Suns in the Hog Pen
- Photo Friday -2
- About the Farm
- First Batch of Big Leaf Maple Syrup!
- V is for Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands (AtoZChallenge2018)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Edge
Where’s the Old Blog?
Follow on Bloglovin
- I can’t believe we are in the homestretch of #inktober !! Today’s prompt is EXPENSIVE which made me think of where Id@like to travel next and just how expensive (but so worth it!!) travel can be. What’s your dream destination? #create365 #drawing #create #penandink #sketch #mightcoulddrawtoday #mightcouldinktobertoday #travel #flight #airplane #letsgoTake me to your clogged DRAIN because today is Day 21 of the 2018 #inktober challenge! I thought I’d try to draw a ‘simple’ shape like a plunger. Turns out there are a lot of weird complex overlapping curves in a plunger! #create365 #create #drawing #penandink #mightcoulddrawtoday #mightcouldinktobertoday #draweveryday #sketchCalling it in a bit today for #inktober (prompt: BREAKABLE) because I am trying to get organized for the first episode of my live video series, “Pillow Talk with Nikki”. Which sounds rather more scintillating than it is likely to be given that the intent is to read a short excerpt from a book each night at bedtime. In a perfect world half my audience will be asleep by the time I’m done... That’s going to get underway at some point within the next half hour and I’m not exactly ready! I’m hoping to simulcast (!) here and on my Facebook page, but the gods of technology will determine how successfully I manage to pull that off! So, meanwhile, here’s today’s quick inkreation... #create365 #create #artjournal #penandink #mightcoulddrawtoday #mightcouldinktobertoday #breakableHard to photograph Icarus about to get scorched because my #artjournal is very bulgy! #inktober Prompt: scorched #mightcoulddrawtoday #mightcouldinktobertoday #collage #getmessyartjournal #collage #icarus #create365 #mythology #draweveryday#inktober prompt today is BOTTLE, handy because the #creativebug Inktober lesson today was about bottles... Combine ink with one of my stash of prepped background pages and a bit of carefully saved shiny gold paper (yes, I have a chocolate habit) and some lovely origami paper all fastened together with my good old Mod Podge... #getmessyartjournal #artjournal #mightcoulddrawtoday #mightcouldinktobertoday #collage #penandink #bottle #create #create365 #alteredbook #draweveryday #gold #shinypaper #modpodge #modpodgerocks #creativebug #creativebuginktoberSWOLLEN is today’s #inktober prompt... tried to do minimal drawing and maximum inking... there is an eye in there somewhere. #blackeye #mightcoulddrawtoday #mightcouldinktobertoday #draweveryday #create #create365 #artjournal #penandink
Down to Earth: How Kids Help Feed the World
Down to Earth
Tags#art365 #atozchallenge #bloggingatoz #photo101 30 Day Farm Blog challenge agriculture alberta animals Art atozbloggingchallenge a to z challenge atozchallenge2018 Autumn banff Blog blogging books bow valley Camino camino de santiago canmore chickens climbing Climbing Dark Creek Farm dogs drawing ducks e. colin williams family farm farming farm life hiking hogs homestead humor ice ice climbing iphoneography Large black hogs mountain mountains NaBloPoMo nature painting paris phoneography photography piglets Pigs research rock climbing rocky mountains romeo and juliet Sailing sailing shakespeare Sheep small farm snow spain Spring theatre travel trees turkeys unexpected beauty Vancouver island winter workaway writing writing life writing process Yoga
A to Z Challenge
My Favourite Farm Books
- Follow darkcreekfarmdotcom on WordPress.com