Now that there is lamb afoot (grazing away in the neighbor’s field), we are starting to collect lamb recipes. This one makes great use of in-season vegetables from the garden! Thanks to ‘Just Another Day on the Farm.’
- One pd ground lamb (but would work with any other dark/stronger meat, otherwise adjust spices)
- 1 Large onion- Peeled and course grated
- 2 large carrots-Peeled and course grated
- 1 large potato-Fresh from the garden so skin on and course grated (if a storage potato, then peel first)
- 1/2 cup of washed, finely diced dark bitter greens of your choice (kale, mustard, beet greens, mid summer horseradish)
- 1 small turnip or a handful of radishes, if turnip, peel and course grate, if using the radish, just was, and top and tail and grate with skin on.
- 2 large eggs (ideally free range if you can get it)
- Spices, 1/2 tsp Salt, pepper, keens hot mustard, 1 tsp of turmic, cumin, basil and dried galic powder(not salt).
- Mix well in a large bowl, ideally get in there with your hands till well mixed.
- Into a large baking dish, give it…
View original post 66 more words