Sometimes it’s hard to know where one woodle starts and the other ends! Pippi and Tuuli wait patiently each morning more or less in this position, I think so neither one can sneak off without the other noticing. They remain immobile while I have breakfast, get dressed, check email, gather scraps for chickens and hogs, and all the other various things I do before I’m ready to head out the door for morning rounds. The minute I touch my boots out in the hall it’s like a bolt of electricity shoots through them and they leap off the bed and race to the mushroom to join me. There they stand side by side, long tails wagging in unison, raring to go. From that point in time until we get back to the house a couple of hours later they are in perpetual motion, busy, busy, busy being high energy farm dogs. After we get back they revert to being bed-warmers, a job they enjoy immensely and do with much enthusiasm.
Help support the blog: Become a Patron for as little as a dollar a month!Click the link to learn more about how to become a patron and support this blog - Thank you! Become a Patron!https://cdn6.patreon.com/becomePatronButton.bundle.js
Top Posts & Pages
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Window
- Selfie Meets Hurricane Ethel - Artist vs Farmer
- Day 30 - Weekly Photo Challenge - Let There Be Light
- Two Suns in the Hog Pen
- Photo Friday -2
- About the Farm
- First Batch of Big Leaf Maple Syrup!
- V is for Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands (AtoZChallenge2018)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Edge
Where’s the Old Blog?
Follow on Bloglovin
- #BGS2019 Loving the learning curve...I love my big tea mug... I’ve owned that since 1982! What about you? Do you have a fave mug? Let’s see it! #reading #mug #drinkingtea“Once you learn to read, you will be forever free.” Frederick Douglas What’s the last book you read? Come join the conversation at Nikki Tate Loves Books on Facebook. #reading #books #quotes #freedom15-second writing prompts... #writingprompts #creativewriting #dialogueprompts #writingdialogue #writingexercise @nikkitate.author on Facebook. @luova.retreatsFavourite gardening books? I’m suffering from garden withdrawal... #garden #books #vicariousliving
Down to Earth: How Kids Help Feed the World
Down to Earth
Tags#art365 #atozchallenge #bloggingatoz #photo101 30 Day Farm Blog challenge agriculture alberta animals Art atozbloggingchallenge a to z challenge atozchallenge2018 Autumn banff Blog blogging books bow valley Camino camino de santiago canmore chickens Climbing climbing Dark Creek Farm dogs drawing ducks e. colin williams family farm farming farm life hiking hogs homestead humor ice ice climbing iphoneography Large black hogs mountain mountains NaBloPoMo nature painting paris phoneography photography piglets Pigs research rock climbing rocky mountains romeo and juliet sailing Sailing shakespeare Sheep small farm snow spain Spring theatre travel trees turkeys unexpected beauty Vancouver island winter workaway writing writing life writing process Yoga
A to Z Challenge
My Favourite Farm Books
- Follow darkcreekfarmdotcom on WordPress.com